Lucan Minor Hockey Player Waiver
PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING. BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT, YOU WILL GIVE UP LEGAL RIGHTS INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGES, HOWSOEVER CAUSED.
IN CONSIDERATION for being permitted to participate in any way in Lucan Athletic Association (also known as Lucan Minor Hockey Association (LMH)) Activities (as defined below), I hereby confirm and agree with the LMH and its employees, agents, representatives, volunteers, independent contractors, subcontractors, service providers, successors, and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”), as follows:
Within this Agreement, the term “LMH Activities” means any and all activities, events, and services provided, arranged, organized, conducted, and/or made available by the Releasees to members of the public and LMH participants from time to time including, without limitation, hockey games, hockey practices, hockey drills, sports and athletic training sessions, games, and exercises, fundraisers, meetings, social gatherings, parties, tournaments, hotel stays, restaurant visits, tailgating events, swimming, travel and transportation to/from LMH events, and any such other activities that that are inherent to the game of hockey and/or are related to LMH activities.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
I am aware and acknowledge that my participation in LMH Activities involves risks and dangers that may directly or indirectly cause injury and, in some cases, death, and loss of, or damage to, personal property. These risks are inherent to the LMH Activities and cannot be eliminated without altering the character and value of the LMH Activities. The risks may include, but are not limited to: physical injuries; physical illness; emotional distress; or near misses caused by or contributed by an array of items, objects, equipment, or structures; situations involving other people; failure to supervise by persons including but not limited to the Releasees, coaches, players, participants, parents, spectators, managers, and/or staff/employees of a facility.
Such risks and dangers may result in injuries including, but not limited to, the following: head trauma; concussion; fracture; sprain, strain and/or tear of bodily tissue; bruising; laceration and/or scrapes; dislocation; infection and/or disease; blindness and/or loss of vision; loss of hearing; dizziness and disorientation; cardiac events, such as stroke, aneurism, or cardiac arrest; physical or emotional injuries; emotional distress, anxiety, depression and/or posttraumatic stress; choking; seizures; impalement; allergic reactions and anaphylaxis; and potential exposure or infection of the COVID-19 virus.
I AM AWARE OF AND UNDERSTAND THE RISKS AND DANGERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE LMH ACTIVITIES AND I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND DANGERS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND/OR LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, AND INDEMNITY
I expressly agree as follows:
1. I am in good health and am physically and mentally capable of participating in LMH Activities in which I intend to participate;
2. To observe and comply with all rules and warnings, both general and activity-specific, including any Public Health Guidelines, LMH or League Guidelines and Bylaws, or rules which may be made visually, orally, or demonstrated by the Releasees;
3. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against the Releasees and TO RELEASE the Releasees from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury, including death, that I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer resulting from my participation in the LMH Activities
4. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connect with my participation in the LMH Activities, including any such claims which allege negligence acts or omissions of the Releasees;
5. In the event of my death or incapacity, this Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns, and representatives; and 6. In entering into this Agreement, I am not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees with respect to participating in LMH Activities, other than as expressly set forth herein.
CONSENT TO USE OF IMAGE AND LIKENESS
I acknowledge that the Releasees may take photographs and/or video recordings of me while I am participating in LMH Activities. I hereby grant the Releasees express permission to use my name, likeness, image, voice and/or appearance, as such may be embodied in any photographs, video recordings, digital images, and similar media, taken or made by the Releasees.
I agree that the Releasees shall have complete ownership of such media, including all copyrights, and may use same for promotional purposes, including on websites or social media accounts maintained by the Releasees and on physical advertising or informational materials, such as brochures, pamphlets, postcards, inserts, and articles. I acknowledge that I will not receive any compensation for the use of such media and hereby release the Releasees from any and all claims which arise out of or are in any way connected with such use.
PARTICIPATION BY MINOR(S)
If I am signing this Agreement on behalf of one or more person(s) who are under the age of 18 years (each, a “Minor”), I confirm the following:
1. I have entered the full legal name and year of birth of each Minor in the requisite fields above;
2. I am the parent or legal guardian of each Minor, or otherwise have the necessary legal authority to enter into this Agreement on behalf of each Minor, and hereby accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement on behalf of each Minor;
3. I have assessed the risks and dangers associated with the LMH Activities, having regard to the specific abilities and circumstances of each Minor, and I voluntarily consent to each Minor participating in the LMH Activities, despite such risks and dangers; and
4. If any Minor is injured while participating in LMH Activities, I accept all responsibility and liability for any such injuries and agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all claims or suits for personal injury, property damage or otherwise, which are brought by or on behalf of the Minor, and which are in any way connected with the Minor’s participation in LMH Activities.
I HAVE HAD SUFFICIENT OPPORTUNITY TO READ THIS ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND I AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS.
1. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, ASSIGNS, AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.
2. If, for any reason, any portion of this Agreement is found to be void, unenforceable, or inapplicable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
3. This Agreement shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada.
4. This Agreement represents the entire agreement among the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and there are no ancillary representations, warranties, covenants, agreements, or provisos.
5. I acknowledge having received a copy of this Agreement.
The above named Participant(s) and Parent/Guardian (If applicable) has/have reviewed this Player Waiver and agree to be bound by its terms.