As announced earlier this season, your Executive in its commitment to ensuring a
safe and positive environment for our children are proud to support and partner
with Hockey Canada, OMHA and Respect in Sport in implementing and providing
access to the Respect in Sport Parent Program.
Frequently Asked Questions: Respect in Sport – Parent Program
- It is a mandatory online course costing $12+HST per family and takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
- At least 1 parent/guardian from each LMH family (boys and girls players) must complete the course. Both parents do not have to take the course.
- Parents who have previously taken the Respect in Sport/Speak Out/Preventative Services courses to be a team official will still be required to take the new RIS-Parent Version course as it contains different content that is specific to parents. Your previous qualifications will, however, continue to allow you to be a team official for next season.
- You do not have to do the course all at once. You can do it at your leisure, come and go as required.
- The deadline for completing the course is August 31, 2014
Please click here for more details and course completion information: Respect In Sport Parent Program LMH Spring 2014
More information from Hockey Canada and OMHA can be found here