Lucan Minor Hockey would like to welcome of all of its
families to the upcoming hockey season.
We appreciate all of your patience as we’ve continue to work through the
ever changing requirements of Hockey Canada, the OHF, the OWHA, as well the Middlesex-London
Health Unit and the Township of Lucan-Biddulph’s Facility Reopening Plan.
Obviously, the COVID-19 pandemic is altering many aspects of our life, and will have an impact on the upcoming hockey season as well. As we put together plans for this season, our goal has been to provide a program that allows a safe return to the sport, while trying to maximize both the enjoyment and development opportunities for our players while adhering to the requirements of the various stakeholders.
LMH asks that you please read this notice in detail, and read through our Lucan Minor Hockey Return to Hockey (RTH) Plan which is posted on the LMH Website, as this will provide you with required information as we take to the ice beginning October 3rd. This plan can be found here:
Return to Hockey - Stages
As you will see on the LMH RTH Plan, the OHF and OWHA have identified various stages with each having specific requirements that are to be followed. Progression through these stages will depend on the Province and local health units’ requirements, but we all hope we can get back to more traditionally 5v5 hockey later this season. Below is summary how LMH programming will look like to begin the season:
LMH Phase 1
- Start of Season (Oct 3) – Mid-November (Approx 6 weeks)
- First two weeks will consist of traditional practice/development ice times within traditional age categories (U7, U9 etc.)
- After two weeks, players will be split into smaller teams with the intention of balancing skill level across all teams within the division.
- Teams to continue with practices and have internal scrimmages for the balance of LMH Phase 1
o Coaches will try to match skill level on the ice during scrimmages to maximize the enjoyment and development of each participant.
- Game Play rules will follow OHF/OWHA guidelines as found in the LMH RTH Plan
LMH Phase 2
- Mid-November - ?
- It is the desire of LMH to progress with more traditional 5v5 hockey
- We will be looking to tier some of our teams, and are working on plans to join neighbouring centers for more competitive game play.
- These changes are contingent on the OHF/OWHA phased progression as well as aligning programming criteria with neighbouring centers
There are many changes regarding the use of the Lucan Memorial Arena this season. Please see some listed below:
- You may only arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled ice time
- You must leave the facility within 15 minutes after your ice time
- It is recommended that players arrive dressed in as much hockey equipment as possible
- Only 9 players are permitted in the dressing room at one time (this does not include coaches or parents assisting the player (tying skates)
- If a dressing room has 9 players in it, then additional players will need to wait for a space to open, or put on skates and helmet in chairs provided outside the dressing rooms.
- Please do not rely on coaches to tie players skates – a parent should do this and then leave the room/facility.
- Its is recommended that all parents leave the facility once their child is ready for the ice, however, 1 parent per child is permitted to stay in the facility and must remain in the designated area.
- Everyone in the facility must wear a mask unless on the ice.
Every person entering the facility must complete a health screening at the entrance. LMH is also required to track the attendance of all individuals entering the facility. More details below:
- All players, parents, or team staff entering the facility must confirm that they have answered “No” to all questions on the heath-screening questionnaire.
o This can be found here: https://www.ohf.on.ca/media/ql5fbdl5/health-screening-questionnaire.pdf
- If anyone answers “yes” to any of the questions, they are not permitted to enter the facility
- To expedite entry into the arena, we ask that the player and anyone in your family planning to enter the building complete this questionnaire prior to leaving your home. Again, if you answer “yes” to any question, please stay at home.
All LMH teams will be on the ice the weekend of October 3rd and 4th. For larger categories, players will be split alphabetically for practices until teams are identified in the second week of October, so please pay close attention to the ice schedule which will be updated in the next couple of days. Another email to parents will follow early this week.
Every participant in Lucan Minor Hockey is required to complete and submit the Player Waiver Release Form which is listed on the LMH Website :
Families with multiple minor children can complete and submit one waiver. Players 18 years of age and older must complete and submit their own waiver. This must be submitted prior to participation in any LMH event.