Player try out / Permission to Skate (Lucan Minor Hockey)

PrintPlayer try out / Permission to Skate

Permission to Skate for AAA/Junior
(updated Mar 13 2017)

Anyone needing a permission to skate form for AAA/Junior , please contact our OMHA Rep at [email protected]

Anyone needing a permission to skate form for OWHA hockey, please contact our OWHA Rep at [email protected]

Please provide via email the following:


- Player Name and Date of Birth
- Address (including 911 address number if rural address)
- Previous year's team
- Team they are trying out for

You must register with Lucan Minor Hockey in advance.  Forms will not be issued until the player is fully registered.  If you make the team for which you tryout for, it is YOUR responsibility to notify the registrar to ensure that the proper refund will be processed.  

Note: Please allow 1 week for forms to be processed. 

If you have any questions please email :

OMHA - Boys Hockey : [email protected]

OWHA - Girls Hockey: [email protected]


If you plan to attending AAA Tryouts, you will need to complete the following:

From the OMHA website:


A list of FAQ's to get you through the tryout process

Q: When do tryouts for AAA usually start?
A:The first date in which AAA tryouts may begin is on the Monday following the completion of OHF Championships for the 2016/2017 Minor Hockey season.

Q: How long do the tryouts run?
A:Completion of tryouts for AAA is by a date declared by the AAA Centre /Zone, but no later than the Sunday that is fourteen [14] days following the completion of the OHF Championships.  

Q: What does a player need to do to try out for AAA hockey?
A: First the player needs to register with the local Home Hockey Association.

Q: Is there any paperwork that is required once the player has registered with the Home Centre?
A: Once registered with the Home Centre, the player can request from the Home Centre  a “Permission to Tryout Form”, commonly known as a “Permission to Skate” form.  Your Home Centre is the only place where this form can be issued, and it must be signed by the Home Centre’s authorized delegate.  It will also be designated on the form, the AAA Club for which you are authorized to tryout.  For information regarding the OHF Major Midget AAA pilot and the tryout process please contact your Home Centre.  

Q: Is there a cost for the “Permission” form?
A: No.  Home Centres are not allowed to charge for providing a “Permission” form.
Q: What do I do with the Permission form? 
A: Ensure that the form is filled out in its entirety with all required information and signatures.  Check the website for the AAA club at which you intend to tryout to obtain updated information about the tryout dates for the Division in which you are interested.  Tryout registration is usually done on-line or in person.  The AAA club will provide instructions on how and when to register for tryouts.  The Permission form will need to accompany your application for tryouts.  OMHA regulations require that this Permission form is submitted to the AAA club before the player is allowed on the ice.
Q:When will the AAA Centre/Zone advise if my son/daughter has been successful in obtaining a position on the team?
A:A player must be offered a position on a AAA team in writing within fourteen [14] days after the commencement of tryouts.  If a player is not offered a position within that time frame, the player may request a release and “AAA Waiver”.  A player who has been offered a position has 14 days to accept the offer, after which the AAA Club can withdraw the offer.

Printed from on Thursday, February 2, 2023 at 1:37 PM