Lucan Minor Hockey is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable environment for hockey that adheres to all requirements applicable to our operations. This includes meeting all health requirements/guidelines and implementing expectations across all teams to be consistent.
We've experienced an unprecedented impact on our lives and hockey over the last two seasons due to COVID. While we are in a significantly better position there is still risk and rules associated with COVID that may have impacts on programming.
We are able to share the following parameters after review of all health guidance (provincial and local), expectations provided by our oversight associations (OMHA/OWHA), and discussions at the Executive table.
- Participants with confirmed/suspected COVID must not participate in any team activities until symptoms have cleared for 24hrs
- Following COVID, it is strongly advised that the individual wear a mask in dressing rooms for at least 5 days
- It is strongly encouraged to share positive test information with others the participant was recently exposed to (other team notification is not required)
- Close contacts should more closely monitor for symptoms in the following 10 days
- Coaches may implement additional rules with agreement from the team. Executive is available to make decisions in the event of disagreements.
- Note: Players will not be penalized playing time for missing team activities due to COVID
Direction from the Health Unit on individual scenarios must be adhered to.
There is always the possibility of these to change and it is recommended to reach out to [email protected] for consultation on any particular situation.